- DEPARTMENT: Value Added
- POST DATE: 06/2020
- REPORTS TO: Manager of Quality & Production Assurance
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Hinkley, a leader in the lighting industry, is searching for an Assembly Production Supervisor to lead the daily production operations of our Value-Added Department. This role will report to the Manager of Quality & Production Assurance and will lead a team of 20+ assembly production employees. We are looking for a hands-on leader who will demonstrate leadership, set an example and utilize their skills along with the team’s knowledge to solve problems and meet company goals and objectives.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of just over 130 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR HINKLEY’S ASSEMBLY PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR POSITION WILL HAVE:
- Minimum of six (6) years of related production/assembly work experience in a non-union environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a leadership role.
- Associates degree in business, engineering or other technical field.
- A high level of technical / mechanical aptitude.
- Hands-on work ethic.
- Coaching, leading and mentoring skills.
- Experience in lean manufacturing methodology (one-piece flow, visual controls, Kan-Ban).
- Ability to address performance and employee relations issues, conflict resolution and problem-solving.
- Driven, with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High degree of integrity including ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
The Assembly Production Supervisor will lead a team of assemblers and supervise all operations in the Value-Added area. Duties include: management of the production area to meet production goals including safety, quality, customer service, productivity, and lean manufacturing objectives. Prioritize production based on customer demand, staffing levels, and materials inventory. Make recommendations including capital expenditures and labor levels. Select, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Supervises the daily activity of the assembly production team to ensures that customer orders are completed in a timely manner while adhere to high quality standards (includes same-day/next-day shipments). Responsible for workflow planning, delegating job assignments, training, ensuring quality standards are met and safety protocols are followed.
- Completes production plan set by scheduling; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results to Operations Manager.
- Drive accountability to systems, policies, and procedures.
- Identify, drive, mentor, and implement projects that improve overall production.
- Drive lean efforts within manufacturing operations focusing on 5S/quality/efficiency.
- Review existing processes and create new standards when required which meet our production criteria.
- Responsible for providing timely and effective feedback to employees: coaching, counseling, and disciplining of employees.
- Coordinates order management with Customer Care, Supply Chain, and DC.
- Resolves product quality issues working with Quality department.
- Coordinates product safety compliance with Engineering department staff.
- Controls and minimizes labor overtime, freight and repair expenses.
- Maintains assembly facilities and equipment; replace or make adjustments to equipment when necessary.
- Supports and coordinates product repairs, modifications, and rework as required.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring inventory levels are maintained on all items used in Value Added area to ensure no stock outages (i.e. cardboard inventory). Including coordinating with the China supply team.
- May assist as backup to receive items used in Value Added Department (via computer system).
- Assist in development and implementation of quality metrics to drive manufacturing improvements and business results. Provide guidance to disposition nonconforming material according to agreed quality standards.
- Lends expertise in the corrective action process; ensures completion in a timely manner with effective solutions to root causes.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.