Warehouse Order Picker
- DEPARTMENT: Warehouse
- REVISION DATE: 06/2019
- REPORTS TO: Distribution Manager and CDC Supervisor
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing!
Hinkley Lighting is committed to providing a total reward package including an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & critical illness insurance, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
Warehouse order pickers pull items from stock according to established procedures using powered industrial lift equipment. Order picking must be completed in an accurate, efficient and safe manner. Pickers pull items according to assigned waves through our warehouse software. Order pickers must have a safety mindset and perform all job functions in accordance to Hinkley’s safety standards.
1st & 2nd shift available. 1st shift: 6:30am - 3:00pm (Monday - Friday). 2nd Shift: 3:00pm - 1:30am (Monday - Thursday).
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Pick customer orders efficiently and accurately according to assigned wave. This is done by pulling boxes from racks using powered industrial lift equipment.
- Deliver complete orders (boxes) on conveyor belt for sealing and labeling.
- Operate the RF scanning equipment in order to accurately fill orders and effectively manage inventory. Must maintain equipment as required.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by performing cycle counts, consolidations, etc.
- Scan and return items to stock as needed (returns, etc.)
- Unloads product from containers by hand at a rate that meets and/or exceeds established standards, palletizes products after unloading.
- May be required to weigh packages prior to delivery to ensure they meet weight specifications
- Look up inventory information in warehouse management computer system as required.
- Places the correct labels on containers with the necessary identifying information.
- Responsible for maintaining the required level of housekeeping in your area and on your industrial lift equipment.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to order picker, bikes, pallet jack, forklift etc.
- Wears the required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Works in a safe manner, follows all established Company safety rules.
- Informs supervisor of any unsafe conditions, accidents and/or near miss accidents.
- Adhere to all C-TPAT requirements to maintain the security of the building and its contents.
- Other jobs as specified by Manager/Supervisor.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Distribution Manager and CDC Supervisor.
Related Work Experience Required*
- Minimum of six (6) months related warehouse work experience.
- Powered industrial truck equipment (order picker, forklift): 1 year (Preferred)
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities*
- Must be willing to operate a lift up to 30’ in the air, no fear of heights.
- Must be able to withstand long hours of standing
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Positive attitude, team player.
- Must be dependable (attendance policy enforced).
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment (forklift, lift etc.) helpful
- Basic shop math skills required.
- Must be familiar with computers; will learn our company software.
- Verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and switch tasks easily.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet task deadlines with accuracy.
- Integrity, sense of responsibility, independent judgment.
- United States (Required)
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically works in a warehouse environment, subject to significant outside temperature variations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee must work at heights of up to 30’ in air when operating order picker.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to use hands to finger, reach, handle, carry or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; talk or hear; walk, sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.