- DEPARTMENT: Marketing
- REVISION DATE: 07/2020
- REPORTS TO: Art Director
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The Hinkley Marketing team is a game changer. To say we are passionate about this company is an understatement. We love creating beauty and inspiration and making it synonymous with the Hinkley brand. Our team has a love and respect for the printed word as well as being digital dynamos so that we can create dynamic content across multiple media platforms. Being a member of this crowd means you are an enthusiastic Hinkley brand ambassador with a great design aesthetic and style. Oh, and excellent time management skills and the ability to turn around high volumes of work in a flash (with a smile) is essential while collaborating with this energetic, highly creative group.
At Hinkley, our mission is to create chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
With a team of just over 130 employees, Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing!
Hinkley is committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes: 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR HINKLEY’S GRAPHIC DESIGNER POSITION WILL HAVE:
- The initiative to bring ideas to the table to drive personal, team and company growth
- A positive team player attitude with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional eye for engaging visuals with a strong passion for photography, video, typography and color theory
- Attention to detail and organization with the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects and simultaneously set priorities in order to meet deadlines and achieve required specifications
- The ability to responding effectively and appropriately to creative and professional feedback
- Familiarity with and passion for interior decor, product design and trends in consumer marketing
If this has sparked a feeling of excitement in you, then read more about this great CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
The Marketing Department at Hinkley Lighting is responsible for communicating the conceptual vision and integrity of the brand across all Marketing platforms, both in print and online As a member of the Design Team within the Marketing Department, the Graphic Designer works with the team and department head to develop and drive digital, print and experiential efforts from concept to completion. This position requires a high level of initiative and a keen eye for detail with great design aesthetic and style.
- Works with Marketing Director and Art Director to develop creative campaigns across all forms of media (print and digital) based on strategy and objectives within visual brand guidelines
- Collaborates on creative content development; prepares and presents design concepts based on sales and marketing initiatives
- Brainstorms concepts, mocks up design ideas, and presents to Directors
- Responsible for creating the aesthetics, visual design and/or layout of artwork to support the brand
- Collaborates with Directors to plan, organize and execute assigned projects
- Works with external vendors (communicates with printers, web developers, production departments) as needed to ensure swift and efficient resolutions related to design, technical and printing challenges
- Assist in coordination of photo shoots, video production and other visual assets used in marketing efforts
- Projects include but are not limited to concepting and executing website, blog and social media content, photo + video shoots, email campaigns, catalogs and sales literature, advertising, inner-office promotional materials, product marketing materials, trade show and showroom preparation and infographic development
- Maintains knowledge of Hinkley product, including styles and specifications
- BA or BFA required. Degree in Graphic Design or related area strongly preferred
- 3+ years of design experience preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) on a Mac Platform
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (particularly Power Point, Excel and Word)
- Experience in CMYK print production process
- Portfolio required as part of the application process
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really meaning something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.